Plant Maintenance Trades-person
A great opportunity has arisen within our already successful Plant Maintenance team for an experienced Tradesperson / Maintenance Fitter to take the next step forward in their career.
Hazeldene’s is a leading Central Victorian FMCG food manufacturer. A national business with an extensive retail footprint, Hazeldene’s is investing in leading edge technology and infrastructure to drive the next wave of retail growth. Family owned, the business has a strong focus on customer service, and building strong teams.
Due to our recent expansion, we currently have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and motivated Maintenance Fitter to join our highly skilled Maintenance team at our Lockwood facility.
Available shift options: Night Shift, 4on/4off, (day afternoon), or Day shift
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Maintenance/repair of mechanical assemblies
- Machine tool operation
- Working with different departments
- Tight tolerance, high speed trouble shooting
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Trade qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience in highly automated, robotic style equipment.
- More than 5 years in an FMCG environment.
- Attending to repairs and breakdowns of production machinery in a timely manner
- Reduce reactive maintenance and proactively improve unplanned downtime
- Yield performance is set and maintained though out the shift
- Ensure the execution of safety standards and quality assurance practices into all repairs and maintenance activities
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety & Quality issues, hazards and risks.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure livestock is treated humanely by self and others
- Australian mechanical trade qualification
- Experience in installations, repairs and maintenance of industrial manufacturing equipment, preferably primary food processing industry
- Proven skills in the areas of attention to detail, information processing and problem solving with the ability to multitask on highly automated, and robot style equipment
- Experience in breakdown as well and preventive maintenance
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships, communicate and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to identify and introduce improvements in maintenance practices and plant performance
- Experience with MEX as a CMMS would be an advantage
- Sound ability to operate a PC (email, word processing).
- Welding and/or Refrigeration maintenance experience would be advantageous.
- Experience working within an ‘continuous improvement/program to excellence’ framework would be highly desirable.
- Exposure to a changing environment would be preferred.
You will have had maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment and preferably FMCG experience. You will be a motivated self-starter and willing to work within a day/afternoon rotating roster, or a night shift role.
How to Apply:Apply Now
Applications close: Friday 15th May 2020
Hazeldene’s are an equal opportunity employer.