Human Resources Career Opportunity – OHS Co-Ordinator
We are looking for an experienced OHS Co-Ordinator to join our Human Resources Team.
Hazeldene’s primary commitment to employees is a safe and healthy working environment, in which employees can perform their tasks to the best of their ability.
Whilst a strong HSE culture exists at Hazeldenes your opportunity is to embed best in class systems and practices at all level of the organization. This will require strong people, negotiation and change management ability.
You will work at all levels of the organization to identify HSE issues and investigate, develop and implement best practice and compliant solutions. However, the major contribution you will make to HSE at Hazeldenes will be the engagement and motivation of staff at all levels in HSE.
These are indicative accountabilities with the key objective of the role being to ensure Hazeldene’s has effective and state of the art HSE policies, processes and outcomes
- Ensure a compliant OH&S framework relevant to the organisation and understood by all
- Facilitate an effective OHS committee and associated processes
- Develop, implement and maintain best in class Policies and Systems for safe working conditions for all areas of the company.
- Provide managers and employees with advice relevant to OH&S and Food Safety Regulations
- Undertake or co-ordinate investigation into accidents, incidents and unsafe working conditions and analyse causes and recommend and implement remedial action.
- Facilitate training sessions to raise awareness of safe working practices
To succeed in this role you will have a very strong and clear understanding of HSE ideally in a production environment – preferably food manufacturing – with the ability to develop effective relationships, and champion safety throughout the organizationPosition Description
Skills and experience:
- At least 3+ years’ experience working in a similar role
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent tertiary qualifications
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment would be highly desirable
- Sound understanding of the relevant legislative and regulatory framework
- Strong work ethic and a passion for safety
- Ability to effectively partner with key stakeholders and influence positive outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and strong computer and MS office skills
Applications close Friday 14 June 2019.Apply Now
Hazeldenes are an equal opportunity employer.