You will provide assistance to the finance manager on both the day-to-day accounting responsibilities, as well as monthly and annual financial reporting requirements, whilst also employing critical analysis to drive financial performance across the organisation. You will have the ability to provide guidance regarding accounting architecture, including systems/process and continuous improvement methodology.
Hazeldenes is a well-established FMCG business with an extensive national footprint. We are seeking an experienced Accounting professional to drive the future performance of the business by providing accurate financial information and critical analysis over various business units.
As the Accountant, you will provide assistance to the finance manager on both the day-to-day accounting responsibilities, as well as monthly and annual financial reporting requirements, whilst also employing critical analysis to drive financial performance across the organisation. You will have the ability to provide guidance regarding accounting architecture, including systems/process and continuous improvement methodology.
You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- development of annual budgets, forecasting and other internal reporting requirements. This will involve discussions with key business leaders, assessment of KPI’s and interrogation of data
- Assist in the month end financial reporting processes, including preparation of end-of-month reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and accrual accounting
- Assist in the weekly farm accounting practices to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in our extensive and complex farming network
- Development and delivery of robust financial processes across the broader business, including identification of process weakness and assessment of process improvements
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register and capital expenditure program
- Assistance with external reporting requirements, including FBT, payroll tax, GST, bank reporting etc
- Assistance with payroll related activities including leave entitlements and analysis
- Preparation of vendor payments and adhoc customer invoicing
Success will come from someone with the following skills and experience:
- Professional accounting education and at least 2-3 years’ experience in a professional accounting environment, or previous experience in the farming, food or FMCG industry
- Progression towards obtaining professional qualification (CPA or CAANZ or similar)
- Moderate computer software skills, including Excel. Previous experience in Business Central/Microsoft Dynamics or Innova would be advantageous, but not required.
- A high level of attention to detail and ability to identify, and investigate, complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and contribute to the social fabric of the finance team
- Strong desire to learn and continuously improve financial practices
- Ability to work well with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve required outcomes
- Ability to design, analyse and revise processes to deliver services in the most efficient way and meet changing requirements whilst balancing the needs of individual departments
- Preparation of and provision of detailed commentary and analysis around all areas of the company’s performance to leaders within the organisation
You will be rewarded with:
- Support for the completion of professional studies, including additional days leave and mentoring, as well as links with professional accounting practices in Bendigo
- Ongoing training program
- Access to second largest employer in Bendigo, providing great career progression opportunities and real-world experience in the FMCG sector
- Key focus on work-life balance
- Opportunity to shape the future of the company for the long term.
For additional information email email@example.com.
Applications close Wednesday 2 December 2020Apply Now
Hazeldenes are an Equal Opportunity Employer