Farm Maintenance – Assistant Supervisor
A great opportunity has arisen within our Farm Maintenance Team and a Assistant Maintenance Supervisor role has become available based out of our Lockwood facility.
Hazeldenes is a family owned fully integrated poultry processor. Since our inception in 1938 we have continually developed ourselves to become Bendigo’s largest private employer. With over 50 farms across parent rearing, breeder, hatchery and broiler sectors in the surrounding regions of Bendigo we are a great organization to progress a farming related career.
The Assistant Supervisor supports the Farming Maintenance Manager to ensure that our farms operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. The role will be based in Lockwood and be responsible for all maintenance activities on four Broiler Farms. You may also be required to assist with maintenance activities at other Hazeldenes Sites if required. As the Assistant Supervisor your duties will include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the Leading and motivating of maintenance teams
• Effective maintenance of infrastructure and equipment
• Planning, delivering and reviewing effective maintenance processes
• Assessing upgrades and maintenance requirements e.g. shedding, plant and equipment
• Ensuring effective preventative maintenance programmes are in place
• Attending to emergency situations in the Farming Division
• Ensuring compliance with OHS requirements
• Proactively improving safe work practices and workplace environment
• Operating within all quarantine and biosecurity regulations of Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm
To be considered for this role you must be committed to safety in the workplace as we pride ourselves on our Zero Harm goal. You must also possess:
• Experience within a management role supervising maintenance activities
• 3 years maintenance experience – ideally within a farming environment
• Good computer skills
In return we can offer a permanent long-term position with an attractive remuneration package based upon skills and experience.Apply Now
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 31st August 2018.
Hazeldene’s are an Equal Opportunity employer