CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT LEAD
- Relaxing regional Bendigo lifestyle
- Exciting, Rewarding and Challenging role
- Make a statement with your leadership in this progressive business
This newly created position provides an exciting opportunity for the right person to join the Hazeldene’s team.
This role is focused on operational improvement within the Lockwood site and is very much a hands-on role, you will possess strong influencing skills, whilst providing coaching and leadership to frontline employees to make decisions on daily improvements in their area of work.
- Implement and champion lean-manufacturing techniques: including visual management, 5 s, practical problem-solving techniques, process control of variation, time in motion and the master schedule
- Using the DMAIC model for process improvement and statistical tools/techniques you will make fact-based decisions
- Analyse results to identify then deliver on improvement opportunities
- Ensure employees have the information required to make decisions
- Lead and deliver daily operational improvement, together with working with production management to support daily operations
- Lead the partnering with other Business functions to develop an overall CI leadership framework from farm to fork
- Develop in consultation key standardisation of reports data collection and interpretation of results
- Responsible for development and deployment of lean strategy on Site
- Work closely with General Manager Plant Operations in the development and delivery of the Site Operating Plan
The successful candidate will have
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or related discipline)
- 3-5 years in the poultry industry would be advantageous
- Ability to influence and inspire and excellent communication, relationship management skills
- Experience across supply manufacturing
- Ability to review processes, recommend improvements, build buy in and execute with excellence
- Evidence of practical problem solving and strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge and appreciation of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities and opportunities, in a fast paced environment
- Well-developed Microsoft Office Software (Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience
- Leadership experience in a team environment, ideally in FMCG manufacturing
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED POSITION DESCRIPTION: Continuous Improvement Lead
Interested? Details available www.hazeldenes.com.au. Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Human Resources, Hazeldene’s, PO Box 1147, Kangaroo Flat 3555.
Applications close Monday 1 May 2017.
Hazeldene’s are an EO employer.