(Part Time-20-25 hours per week)
Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm Pty Ltd is a proud family owned company based at Lockwood, near Bendigo in Central Victoria. Strong and continuous development over more than 60 years has put us at the forefront of poultry production in Australia!
A large part of our success can be attributed to our focus on our quality standards. As a result of increases in testing requirements and progression of the Laboratory to NATA Standards an opportunity exists to grow the Laboratory Team.
The Laboratory Technician is accountable for:
- Preparation of media for microbiological testing as required
- Perform sensory evaluations on retention samples as required
- Perform microbiological testing on product samples as required
- Data entry of analysis of product testing as required
- Perform any duties as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Performing routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Liaising with departments on samples required
This is an important role and our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Microbiology or Laboratory Technology
- Sound Laboratory Practices
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sound personnel hygiene practices
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational and prioritising ability
- A strong focus on meeting targets
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy
- A commitment to providing quality customer service
- Previous laboratory experience would be desirable
Hazeldenes is a great place to work – and just 20 minutes from the centre of Bendigo! If you would like further information on this great opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 25 August 2017.
Hazeldenes is an equal opportunity employer.